14 October 2003
using TIMS, the SM/CM will ensure a minimum of 3 questions per
learning objective or 100 total questions, whichever is greater.
(7) Ensure all changes or updates to the examinations and
the master question banks are reviewed and signed off by the
proper authorities; i.e., Education Specialist and/or TRAWING
(8) Coordinate any and all projects relating to their
(9) Review all publications prior to a phase conference
and attend phase review conferences to provide stage/course
oversight while chairing the specific portion for his or her
(10) Identify publications as reprints, changes, or
(11) Enhance inter-TRAWING standardization by visiting
other units and exchanging new ideas. These visits shall be as
required with a minimum of four per year.
(12) Review, revise, and submit all applicable Aviation/
Instructor Training Forms (ATFs, ITFs) with emphasis on content,
CCC and PTO.
(14) Comply with this instruction, paragraph 207.
d. Stage/Course Manager: Subject Matter Expert. CNATRA
SM/CM duties include development, revision, or evaluation of
their stage/course. Therefore, the SM/CM is the SME responsible
for developing, writing, assembling, and assuring the quality of
training materials. SM/CM duties are collateral to the flight
instructor primary billet.
Overview And References
a. General. The sole purpose of this Appendix is to provide
a specific reference section for the SM/CMs in the performance of
their duties in course revision/development, test management, IG
review/development, FTI review and development, training
b. Course Revision and Development. It is important that
each SM/CM recognizes the significance of his/her part of the
course curriculum development and revision process as well as