TARGET PATTERN PROCEDURES--BREAKUP
9. The flight flies directly over the target straight from base. True or false?
ANSWER: False. The flight flies over the target on the run-in heading.
TARGET PATTERN PROCEDURES--THE 30-DEGREE PATTERN
10. What are the weather minimums for the 30-degree pattern?
TARGET PATTERN PROCEDURES--FLYING THE PATTERN
11. How does a shallower than usual AOB or less g affect the distance to abeam?
ANSWER: Lengthens, increases, makes it greater, etc.
TARGET PATTERN PROCEDURES--VOICE PROCEDURES
12. Who makes the call to initiate position calls in the pattern?
ANSWER: The pilot coming off target makes the call.
13. List, in the order of occurrence, the three positions in the weapons delivery pattern where radio
position calls are required.
a. Off target
b. Abeam (or interval position), with fuel state
14. Make a sample transmission of a required radio position call for each of the weapons pattern
positions in the order they would occur around the weapons delivery pattern.
a. (off target) "One off, safe."
b. (interval position, with fuel state) "Four crosswind/prior/abeam/past/approaching,1.6."
c. (roll-in) "Two in hot/cold/Winchester."