05 April 2004
6. Graded Items. The Manuever Item File (MIF) for specific
graded items varies for each stage. Several items are graded on
all complete syllabus events. The standards for these
Universally Graded Items are listed first. Then beginning with
NATOPS, each stage's MIF table is listed followed by the Course
Training Standards unique to that stage. Once the standard for a
graded item has been established, it will be ommited from later
stages where it is also graded.
Course Training Standards
UNIVERSALLY GRADED ITEMS
1. General Knowledge/Procedures
● Maintain working
● Recites, discusses, and/or
knowledge of all
performs all applicable items
essential to the operation of the
aircraft and mission execution.
2. Emergency Procedures
● Maintain in-depth
● Correctly analyzes situation given
knowledge of NATOPS
● Performs/recites critical action
steps from memory without error.
● Utilize PCL as
● Uses checklist to complete all
required by the FTI
● Is familiar with all information
contained in the PCL, and able to
access that information in a
correct and timely manner.
3. Headwork/Situational Awareness
● Comply with the FTI
● Understands instructions,
and NATOPS while
demonstrations, and explanations.
● Foresees and avoids possible
difficulties and makes appropriate
sufficient for flight
recommendations for the situation.
● Remains alert and spatially
● Maintains overall awareness with
regard to fuel state, aircraft
configuration, nearby traffic, and