05 April 2004
These Instrument/Navigation standards call for an action to be
accomplished in a safe and proper manner. The IUT will verbally
direct the pilot in a timely and procedurally correct manner to
accomplish the action(s). If the SI deems the verbal direction
sequentially correct and accurate to the situation/maneuver, the
IUT may meet, or in some cases, exceed the training standard.
11. Equipment Operation
● Locate and operate
● Knows the location of all cockpit
● Correctly reads cockpit
● Operates all copilot equipment/
controls without error.
12. Low-Level Chart
● Prepare chart for use
● Correctly plots AP-1B route points
and draws route corridors without
accordance with FTI.
● Correctly identifies and annotates
every turnpoint and target.
● Applies CHUM corrections to the
chart 10 NM of course with most
recent available data.
● Course centerlines are within 2
of actual MC in accordance with
● Time ticks correspond to the
turnpoint/target times 0.5 NM.
● Times to each point must be within
18 seconds for T-39N/G and
24 seconds for T-1A in accordance
with PFPS/ Intermediate Standards.
● Times at each turnpoint/target are
rounded to the nearest 0.5 NM.