(1) An unsatisfactory check ride or end of block syllabus
event caused solely by ground operations may be cleared by a
dual CPT or ground evaluation emphasizing the deficient areas.
(2) Unsatisfactory performance in one area of training
may be cleared by dual instruction in another area of training
directly applicable to the deficient area. (Example: A
navigation event graded unsatisfactory due to emergency
procedures may be cleared by a dual instrument syllabus event.)
(3) End of block unsatisfactory syllabus events in the
instrument navigation stage may be cleared in the simulator if
these conditions are met:
(a) The cause of the unsatisfactory is specific to
(b) The simulator is suited to the failed maneuver.
Until remediation of the unsatisfactory:
(1) The student shall not accomplish training in any
(2) Academic classes, examinations, and ground training
missions may be accomplished provided the unsatisfactory mission
was not a prerequisite.
Training Review Board
a. Scope. Consider the circumstances relevant to the
student's training, for example:
(1) Quality of training provided in accordance with
(2) Continuity of training provided.
(3) Outside influences/extenuating circumstances.
(4) The TRB shall not make elimination/retention
recommendations based on perceived student potential or aspects
unrelated to the administrative application of training IAW this