16 January 2004
3. Unsatisfactory Performance.
See Progress Check Procedures,
(1) If syllabus events remain in the block, the student
shall progress to the next syllabus event, until the third
(2) If no syllabus events remain, repeat the last
syllabus event in the block until the student meets MIF, or
until the third consecutive unsatisfactory.
(3) An unsatisfactory check ride (SXX90) or three
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an IPC/F.
Document the failed check ride or third consecutive
unsatisfactory event on a pink ATF for that syllabus event.
(4) A subsequent check ride failure or three further
consecutive unsatisfactory syllabus events result in an FPC/F.
Document the failed progress check on a pink ATF generating the
(5) Failing an FPC/F results in a TRB.
Ready Room Unsatisfactory (RRU)
(1) An RRU on any syllabus event will result in an IPC/R.
Document the RRU on a pink ATF for that event. The event will
be marked as incomplete with an Unable (U/2) grade for the
appropriate item, i.e., general knowledge, emergency procedures,
mission planning, etc. On remediation of unsatisfactory
performance, the event will be flown to completion, and the
unsatisfactory grade, i.e., general knowledge, emergency
procedures, mission planning, etc., will be incorporated into
the overall grading solution.
(2) A second or subsequent RRU or failed IPC/R will
result in an FPC/R. Document the failed IPC/R on a pink version
of the ATF generating the Progress Check.
(3) Failing an FPC/R will result in a TRB.
c. Academic. The second test failure triggers an IPC/R.
third test failure triggers an FPC/R.