16 January 2004
● Proceed direct to an
● Expeditiously establishes an
assigned fix using
initial heading to the fix within
VOR/DME or TACAN
30 of actual course.
● Applies proper crosswind heading
procedures per FTI.
corrections and compensations.
● Continuously updates point-to-
point navigation to arrive within
3 NM and 10 (whichever is less),
avoiding sudden, large (>30)
● Properly leads turns at fixes
taking into account observed
actual ground speed.
● Correctly reads and totals fuel
quantity and flow gauges.
● Update destination IAF
● Makes appropriate recommendations
regarding power setting, altitude,
● Make recommendations
and route in order to arrive at
to an alternate
required fuel minimums.
● Calculate IAF fuel estimates to
● Accurately monitors
within 100 pounds of instructor
fuel to determine
● Accurately compares MCF with
actual fuel and makes appropriate
recommendations regarding mission
● Update estimated time
● Calculates estimated time of
of arrival at each
arrival at each navigational
checkpoint within one minute of
checkpoint given a
actual mark on top.
● Times shall be stated in minutes
and/or flight log,
and seconds (00+00).
factoring in observed