● Perform all departure
● Makes required calls on takeoff
procedures per NATOPS
roll per FTI.
● Complies with departure procedures
● Safely navigate IFR
or controller instructions.
● Maintains arcs 1.0 NM; course 3
or 2 NM (whichever is less).
● Calculates lead points to
join/depart arc depending on
airspeed: 0.5 NM or 2.
En route Navigation
● Maintain a specified
● Maintains course while radial
en route course on
tracking 5 or 3 NM (whichever is
appropriate radial or
● Determines wind direction and
speed 30 and 10 knots.
● Applies proper crosswind heading
corrections and compensations.
● Properly leads turns within
0.5 NM at NAVAIDs and fixes,
taking into account observed
actual ground speed.
● Makes appropriate recommendations
for en route flight plan changes
given direction of flight, FLIP,
weather, and mission requirements.
● Changes NAVAID and CDI course at
the proper switchover point while
on an IFR airway.