● Fixes position off
● Utilizes at least one identifiable
ground reference for each leg to
depicted on the chart
establish position within 0.5 NM.
and corrects if
21. Turnpoint Identification
● Visually locate,
● Visually identifies and locates
identify, and fix
80 percent of turnpoints.
● Must identify and overfly the
target within 0.5 NM and
● Perform instrument
● Makes appropriate instrument two
minutes prior, mark on top, and
wings level calls using proper
format and terminology
Dead Reckoning (DR) Navigation
● Navigate the low-level
● Directs the pilot to fly correct
route by means of time
wind-compensated airspeeds 5 KIAS
and headings 2.
● Updates the ETA to every turnpoint
except the target if less than
12 seconds off time.
● Turns on the updated ETA if
turnpoint is not visually
● Utilizes clock, chart, ground
procedure to accurately fix
● Identify the wind and
● Correctly identifies the wind
velocity 10 KIAS and direction
● Applies correct compensations to
the base airspeed 5 KIAS and 2
to the heading within 15 seconds
of identifying the wind.