05 April 2004
● Effectively prioritizes task
loading in descending order of
sufficient for flight
importance (i.e., aviation,
safety and effective
navigation, communication, and
operation of the
checklists) per FTI recommended
● Navigate a published
● Complies with published approach
procedures and controller
course rules, or other
● Efficiently makes use of all
● Execute holding
onboard navigational equipment to
maximize situational awareness.
● Maintains arcs 1.0 NM
(LL NAV: 0.5 NM), course 3 or
2 NM (whichever is less).
● Calculates lead point to join/
depart an arc depending on
airspeed: 0.5 NM or 2.
● Makes appropriate recommendations
for entering holding and maintains
the specified holding pattern
taking into account winds.
● Is familiar with NPA VFR course
rules, and able to visually
identify initial points.
● Prior to reaching the missed
approach point, visually acquires
the runway and directs the pilot
to its location relative to the
● Briefs missed approach or climbout
instructions after completing the
landing checklist but prior to