14 JUNE 1999
12. Instructor Assignment. JREF's will be instructed by
Training Squadron instructors qualified to instruct in the
13. Designated Flight Leader. For all multi-plane flights
involving two or more flight instructors, the designated flight
leader will be responsible for compliance with OPNAVINST 3710.7R
and the provisions of paragraph 2 above. In all appropriate
cases the designated instructor shall retain the formation
leader status as defined by OPNAV 3710.7Q paras 3.5.2 AND 3.5.4.
14. Acrobatic Maneuvers. Acrobatic maneuvers shall be
conducted in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7R.
15. Limitations. Successful completion of the JREF/NATOPS
curriculum does not qualify a pilot to instruct SNAs in the T-45
16. Warm-up Flights. Warm-up flights shall be given as
necessary to regain flight proficiency after prolonged delays in
training or for non-current individuals at the discretion of the
Commander, Training Air Wing TWO or training squadron commanding
17. Extra Time Events. Extra time flight and simulator
instruction shall be given at the discretion of the Commander,
Training Air Wing TWO or training squadron commanding officer.
18. Definitions. The following terms and symbols found in the
curriculum will be applied to flight instruction as defined
Quiz the JREF on the applicable
procedures, systems, or maneuvers.
Responsible for knowledge of the
procedures prior to briefing.
Graded and labeled "E" in the ID column
on the Aviation Training Form (ATF).
Brief the JREF on the applicable