14 JUNE 1999
(2) TJs will be submitted to COMTRAWING TWO for review.
7. Waiving Flight or Simulator Events. The flights and
simulator events listed are the optimum to be completed.
Training events may be waived or combined at the discretion of
the training wing commander.
8. Incomplete Flight Events. Incomplete events may be
completed during the following event if time and fuel are
9. Emergency Procedures. Knowledge and response to emergency
procedures will be evaluated through simulated emergencies
conducted during individual stage simulator flights.
10. Weather Minimums and Requirements.
STAGE WEATHER REQUIREMENTS
Local weather minimums for touch-and-go landings
and adequate reference for acrobatic maneuvers,
clear of clouds.
5 miles visibility minimum, with a defined
15,000 feet minimum clear airspace, if
conducted between overcast & undercast.
Aircraft will maintain at least 1 NM
horizontally, 2,000 feet vertically from all
If conducted above a broken or overcast cloud
layer: maximum cloud tops may not exceed
5,000 feet AGL.
Local minimums for touch-and-go landings. No
ceiling below enroute flight altitude and not
less than 5 miles visibility on navigation route.
11. Instrument Rating (if required). JREF's will receive the
necessary training to renew the instrument rating in accordance
with OPNAVINST 3710.7R. The instrument rating check flight may
be performed as part of NA-13SX.