INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES WORKBOOK
17. Referring to the previous question, the symbol calls attention to the _______________,
which is _______________ feet.
18. What FSS would you call in the vicinity of Junior VOR for weather information?
19. If you approached Eufaula VORTAC on V159 and departed east on V70, would Eufaula be
a compulsory reporting point? _______________
20. Lumpp Intersection is located on V70 east of Eufaula. In a VOR-equipped aircraft, it
would be identified by the _______________ radial of _______________ and the
_______________ radial of _______________.
21. What is the distance from Pecan VORTAC to Greenville VORTAC along V35?
22. What is the distance from Marianna VORTAC along V521 to Cross City VORTAC?
23. Marianna is in the _______________ time zone.
24. What is the field elevation at Tyndall AFB? _______________
25. Tyndall's longest landing runway is _______________ feet long.
26. What is the radial and distance from Seminole VORTAC to the Chaso Intersection located
SW of the Marianna VORTAC? _______________
27. Over Seminole VORTAC, IFR position reports are made to _______________.
28. The dashed line around Tallahassee Regional marks off the boundaries of the
29. At what point would you switch from 116.5 to 110.2 on a flight from Vienna VORTAC
(NE of Pecan VORTAC) to Waycross VORTAC along V243? _______________
30. What is the name of the airport located within the Alma VORTAC compass rose?
_______________ Does it have a published instrument approach? _______________
Can the approach be used by military aircraft? _______________
31. Which Jacksonville Center remote transmitter site covers the Alma VORTAC area?
Which FSS serves the Waycross VORTAC area? _______________
IFR SUPPLEMENT, FLIGHT INFORMATION HANDBOOK, ENROUTE LOW
ALTITUDE CHARTS, GENERAL PLANNING, AND AREA PLANNING 2-27