T-45C IUT BIFP-03
Question 2 220.127.116.11.1.3
For a GCA, what information must the controller
provide the pilot prior to final approach?
1. Type of approach (precision or surveillance)
3. Location of MAP (surveillance only)
4. Advisory to perform landing check (USN/USMC
5. At least one position
6. Missed approach instructions
7. Lost comm instructions
Question 3 18.104.22.168.2.3
What are the lost comm time intervals for a PAR?
ANSWER: 60 seconds in pattern, 5 seconds on final
Question 4 22.214.171.124.1.3
What are the lost comm time intervals in an ASR?
ANSWER: 60 seconds in pattern, 15 seconds on final
IV. Procedures/scan techniques for performing missed
Sg 5, fr 2
* Descent to GCA pattern
When is a GCA missed approach required?
* Precision radar approaches
* Surveillance radar approaches
* Performing missed approaches
1. MAP (ASR) or DH (PAR) is reached without visual
contact with runway environment
2. Safe landing not possible
3. Directed by controlling agency