T-45C IUT BIFP-03
COMMON ERROR: Late slowing
to on-speed AOA and slow to trim.
COMMON ERROR: Allowing
aircraft to descend below assigned
(5) Extend speed brakes and adjust
power as required to establish
desired rate of descent
COMMON ERROR: Not reaching
MDA prior to MAP.
NOTE: Establish a descent rate
that will keep you slightly ahead of
the controllers schedule of
descent (500 - 700 fpm depending
(6) Make small vertical velocity
corrections by adjusting power
(7) Make small AOA corrections by
adjusting nose attitude
COMMON ERROR: Reversing
control of nose attitude and power.
(1) Use level turn scan for turn to final
(2) Use level flight scan prior to
(3) Use constant rate descent scan
(on-speed AOA) for descent to