T-45C TS, ADV & IUT EMFP-03
Operational and Ejection Emergency Procedures
(4) When ejecting in immediate vicinity of
carrier, parachute entanglement combined
with wake can submerge you. The
deployed seat survival kit may contribute to
shroud line entanglement.
Procedures - See NATOPS
Direct your students to refer to Figure 17-1, "Ejection
Procedures," in Part V of the NATOPS while covering the
following ejection procedures.
Post-ejection (after parachute deployment)
(1) Inflate LPU
(2) Seat kit deployment during descent
WARNING: Deploying the seat kit/raft is
not recommended over land.
(3) Parachute steering
(4) Parachute landing fall (PLF)
(6) Using the rescue strop (horse collar)
(7) Using the forest penetrator