10 October 2000
(3) Personality traits (of a maladaptive nature), not
constituting a disorder.
(4) Nervous breakdown/neurosis.
(5) Anxiety disorder.
(6) Phobic disorder.
In-Water Instructor Guidelines:
Must meet the guidelines for basic high-risk instructor.
b. Must have one of the following physical examinations
completed within 90 days prior to assuming instructor duties:
(1) Current flight physical with an administrative up-chit
issued within the 90-day window.
(2) Standard USN physical.
(3) USN diving physical.
(4) Current USN diving physical validated by a medical
officer within the 90-day window.
The examination shall include but not be limited to:
(1) SF 88.
(2) SF 93.
(3) PA/LAT chest (minimum of PA chest).
(4) CBC (minimum of a hematocrit between 40% and 52%; results
outside these limits require further investigation).
(5) HIV (negative within 6 months of PE).
(6) Sickle cell prep (any date).
(8) FBS (if 120, get 3-hr glucose tolerance test (GTT)).
(10) Valsalva maneuver (pop ears).
(11) Distant visual acuity (corrected and uncorrected).