27 February 2004
(c) Unsatisfactory. Student exhibits dangerous
tendencies, or progress towards meeting EOB standards is
(4) Awarding Overall Sortie Grades. The student's
overall grade is based on the student's performance against the
MIF. The following rules govern overall sortie grading.
(a) EOB. Performance must meet MIF by EOB. If the
student has previously met MIF in the block, he or she must
still meet MIF in the EOB flight if the maneuver is reattempted.
(b) Prior to EOB.
Performance must meet/exceed
previous block MIF. EXAMPLE:
1. C41 MIF requires an F/3 for No-Flap
C42 MIF requires a G/4.
2. The student must meet or exceed F/3 to
progress out of C41.
3. The student must maintain or exceed F/3
until the last C42 sortie, by which time the student must attain
(c) Exception. Students shall maintain or exceed
MIF performance from one block to the next within stage or
between media within stage. The exception is when MIF on a
subsequent block is below the preceding block MIF. In this
case, the lower MIF applies.
(5) Regression Rules. Regression rules allow for uneven
progress through training. The following specifies allowable
(a) The student is allowed up to two maneuver grades
of F/3 where a G/4 is required, and:
The student has previously demonstrated G/4
2. The maneuver was not a check ride/safe-for-
solo critical (+) item.
3. The IP is satisfied the student is ready to
progress to the next sortie.