27 February 2004
Assess the sortie complete if:
1. Seventy-five percent of the sortie's H/X was
used for training, and
2. Sufficient sorties remain in the block to
redress the imbalance, and
3. Individual maneuvers can still be
accomplished within the block.
Otherwise, assess the sortie incomplete.
(b) Completion Sorties
1. A sortie may both complete a previous sortie
and count as an advancing X.
2. For sorties flown exclusively to clear an
incomplete, grades on maneuvers repeated from the incomplete
sortie do not count toward the student's PAS.
(c) Simulator Sortie Completion. Assess a simulator
sortie complete if the student has received a full 1.5-hour
Policies for Evaluation Flights and Ground Evaluations
(1) Authorized Evaluators. The squadron commander will
designate check pilots for each stage.
(2) Check Rides (SXX90)
(a) Single Sortie Training Blocks. Check rides
amount to single sortie training blocks. Therefore, all rules
regarding progressing out of a block apply, except as noted
1. Should fly a representative cross section of
2. Up to two optional maneuvers may be graded
F/3 where G/4 is required without requiring an overall
3. The entire sortie should be devoted to
assessing the student's ability and readiness to progress to the
next stage of training. All maneuvers indicated with a plus (+)