25 JUN 2003
(c) Simulator Sortie Completion. Assess a simulator
sortie complete if the student has received a full 1.3-hour
Policies for Evaluation Flights and Ground Evaluations
(1) Authorized Evaluators. The squadron commander will
designate check pilots for each stage.
(2) Check Rides (SXX90)
(a) Single Sortie Training Blocks. Check rides
amount to single sortie training blocks. Therefore, all rules
regarding progressing out of a block apply, except as noted
1. Should fly a representative cross section of
2. Up to two optional maneuvers may be graded
F/3 where G/4 is required without requiring an overall
3. Check pilots may allow students to
4. The entire sortie should be devoted to
assessing the student's ability and readiness to progress to the
next stage of training. All maneuvers indicated with a plus (+)
are check ride critical and must be accomplished to MIF.
Regression rules do not apply.
5. The student should be able to demonstrate
required levels of proficiency without instructor assistance.
However, instruction is allowed on check rides and students may
reaccomplish maneuvers at the check pilot's discretion.
The check ride shall be
(b) Incomplete Check Ride.
1. Any (+) item was not flown, or
2. The check pilot was unable to sample
sufficient examples of a given maneuver to assess the student's