11 Apr 06
does not show normal progress, the flight shall be considered a
warmup of the last flight event completed. If the next regularly
scheduled curriculum event is solo, the student shall be awarded
a warmup of the last completed dual event.
(3) Instrument warmups shall be conducted in the
aircraft if the student's next event is an aircraft event and in
the simulator if the student's next event is a simulator event.
(4) All warmup flights (between stages, modules, or
other circumstances) are flown as the event deemed most
consistent with the procedures and maneuvers needing review.
(5) For delays greater than or equal to 14 days refer to
Optional warmup: 6-13 days.
Mandatory warmup: Greater than or equal to 14 days.
(1) Check flights will be noted as such on the student's
(2) Extra time flight and simulator instruction shall be
governed by the limits prescribed in CNATRAINST 1500.4F.
(3) Instrument Rating. Students will receive training
in instrument flight necessary to qualify for a Standard
Instrument Rating in accordance with OPNAVINST 3710.7T. The
expiration date of the instrument rating/qualification will be
the last day of the month the evaluation was completed plus one
d. Aviation Training Jacket (ATJ) Reviews. Jacket reviews
are required prior to each check flight.
Instructor Assignment (Designations)
(1) Each student will have a primary and secondary
flight instructor designated prior to FAM-08. No more than two
off-wing instructor events will be flown prior to FAM solo
(2) FAM-18X shall not be flown with primary or secondary
7. Waiving Events. The flights and simulator events listed in
this curriculum are the minimum to be completed by each student.
If a student successfully completes all syllabus flights with