11 Apr 06
(1) All day student solo flights shall takeoff no earlier
than 30 minutes after official sunrise and land no later
than 30 minutes prior to official sunset.
(2) All night student solo flight shall takeoff no earlier
than 30 minutes after official sunset and land no later
than 30 minutes prior to official sunrise.
(3) Student solo flights shall maintain VFR at all times
prior to receiving an instrument rating.
(4) NFAM route requires visual contact with the ground, at
least five miles visibility, and shall be flown below
any existing ceiling.
(5) Student solo flights may be launched with weather between
500/2 and 1000/3 with the expressed consent of the
squadron commanding officer. This authority cannot be
(6) At least two events from FORM-05 through FORM-09 and one
event from FORM-21 to FORM-24X shall require local
weather adequate for takeoff running rendezvous and
formation break at the field.
(7) FAM-18X shall be flown with visual reference to the
12. Flight/Simulator Interchangeability. Flight and simulator
events may not be interchanged without approval of the Chief of
Naval Air Training.
13. Definitions. The following terms and symbols found in the
curriculum will be applied to flight instruction as defined
Quiz the student on the applicable
procedures, systems, or maneuvers.
Responsible for knowledge of the
procedures prior to the event brief.