16 June 1999
Record Readout as Monitor Readout on Line C.
35. Change Mode Selector to CAL Position.
Record the readout as Inversion
Readout on Line D.
Turn Power ON-OFF to Power Off.
37. Algebraically subtract the value recorded in Line D from the value
recorded in Line C, and enter the remainder in Line E.
If the value of Line E differs by five minutes or more from the
Line E value of an adjacent station, establish at least one
additional grid point between the two stations and take additional
Repeat steps 31 through 37 for all the remaining grid stations and hubs.
Although the order in which the grid stations are occupied is
optional, generally accepted procedure is to occupy all stations in
Row F and all the stations in line 6 prior to occupying the other
39. After all the calculations on the Station Magnetic Worksheet have been
completed, enter each station's declination (Line K) at the station's
respective location on the Grid Layout Sheet.
40. Enter the minimum and maximum value of declination on the Grid Layout
Sheet. (The difference should not be greater than twelve (12) minutes on an
acceptable compass rose.)
41. Average all the station declination values and enter this average as the
42. Enter the date of the survey and the name of the air station at which the
compass is located.