INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES WORKBOOK
ENROUTE LOW ALTITUDE CHART QUESTIONS
1. The Low Altitude Charts are used for altitudes up to, but not including, _______________
IFR semicircular cruising rules apply to _______________ airspace.
Fields printed in brown do not have _______________.
Fields printed in blue do not have a published instrument approach approved for military
What is the significance of parentheses around an airport name? _______________
6. List all the frequencies that are normally available at all Flight Service Stations.
Open area (white) indicates controlled airspace. (True/False)
All altitudes are MSL unless otherwise stated. (True/False)
All times are local time unless otherwise stated. (True/False)
10. All frequencies in blue are LF/MF type. (True/False)
The remaining questions are taken from the L-18, A-1, and A-2 Charts. For convenience in
locating the fixes concerned, the questions are asked of points from west to east.
11. What is the frequency of the Gulfport VOR? _______________
12. The Wisle LF/MF Non-directional Radio Beacon has voice capabilities. (True/False)
13. What is the lowest constant altitude you could maintain between Semmes and Monroeville
along V-20 on an IFR flight? _______________
14. On a flight from Semmes VORTAC via V20 to Monroeville VORTAC, you would change
VORs _______________ miles from Semmes at the _______________.
15. What are the course and distance from Monroeville VORTAC to Jefer Intersection on
16. From Monroeville VORTAC to Montgomery VORTAC, the first intersection on V20 is the
_______________ Intersection, which is identified by the _______________ radial of
_______________ VORTAC and the _______________ radial of _______________.
2-26 IFR SUPPLEMENT, FLIGHT INFORMATION HANDBOOK, ENROUTE LOW
ALTITUDE CHARTS, GENERAL PLANNING, AND AREA PLANNING
Privacy Statement - Press Release - Copyright Information. - Contact Us