16 January 2004
● Navigate a published
● Complies with published approach
procedures and controller
course rules, or other
● Efficiently makes use of all
onboard navigational equipment to
● Execute holding
maximize situational awareness.
● Maintains arcs 1.0 NM
(LL NAV: 0.5 NM); course 3 or
2 NM (whichever is less).
● Calculates lead point to
join/depart an arc depending on
airspeed: 0.5 NM or 2.
● Makes appropriate recommendations
for entering holding and maintains
the specified holding pattern
taking into account winds.
● Familiar with NPA VFR course
rules; able to visually identify
● Prior to reaching the missed
approach point, visually acquires
the runway and directs the pilot
to its location relative to the
● Briefs missed approach or climbout
instructions after completing the
landing checklist but prior to