INTERMEDIATE FLIGHT PREPARATION WORKBOOK
● Navigate a published instrument
● Complies with published approach procedures and
approach, course rules, or other
● Efficiently makes use of all onboard navigational
● Execute holding procedures
equipment to maximize situational awareness.
● Maintains arcs +1.0 NM (LL NAV: +0.5 NM);
course +3° or 2 NM (whichever is less).
● Calculates lead point to join/depart an arc
depending on airspeed: +0.5 NM or 2°.
● Makes appropriate recommendations for entering
holding and maintains the specified holding pattern
taking into account winds.
● Familiar with NPA VFR course rules; able to
visually identify initial points.
● Prior to reaching the MAP, visually acquires the
runway and directs the P to its location relative to
● Briefs missed approach or climbout instructions
after completing the Landing Checklist but prior to
● Maintain instrument/visual scan
● Recognizes any abnormal system indications.
sufficient for safe operation/
navigation of the aircraft in
● Recognizes any deviations from desired heading,
instrument or low-level
airspeed, or altitude and makes recommendations
for appropriate and timely corrections.
● Makes all FTI required altitude calls.
● Clears the aircraft prior to all turns greater than
● Locates and identifies threats ahead of the aircraft,
and directs the P to avoid them.
● Locates and identifies visual landmarks ahead of
the aircraft, initiates corrections if off course and/or
C-8 GRADING STANDARDS