STUDENT GUIDE FOR T-1A AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
CHAPTER TWELVE REVIEW
List the components of the nav system.
The third line of the P's RTU displays ________________________________.
the VHF active frequency
the UHF active frequency
the nav receiver's active frequency
both a and c
Describe the function of the RTU nav frequency-tuning knob.
Describe the procedure for tuning to a NAVAID using the CDU.
Where is TACAN information displayed to the crew?
The fifth line of the P's RTU displays ______________________.
Describe the procedure for changing the TACAN frequency using the RTU.
Describe the procedure for changing the TACAN frequency using the CDU.
The CDU is the preferred method for most radio and NAVAID tuning. (T/F)
10. The ______________________ provides aircraft identification and altitude reporting
information for the ATCRBS.
11. The fifth line of the CP's RTU displays ______________________________.
12. Describe the procedure for tuning the ATC transponder code via the CDU.
13. The TCAS interrogates the transponders in the surrounding aircraft and uses the replies
from those transponders to compute their flightpath. (T/F)
14. TCAS relieves the crew of their responsibility to see and avoid by maintaining an outside
15. The TCAS is capable of detecting and tracking up to ______ aircraft simultaneously.
16. What is indicated by a green arc on the CP's VSI?
12-8 NAVIGATION RADIOS