STUDENT GUIDE FOR T-1A AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
14. The ______________________________ provides primary fuel scheduling and is
responsible for fuel flow during startup to approximately ___________.
15. The HMU augments the EFC to better establish fuel scheduling to the engines. (T/F)
16. Failure of the EFC will result in a loss in an unrecoverable thrust loss. (T/F)
17. A ___________________ is installed between the flow divider and fuel nozzle and is
controlled by a sensing mechanism that is released by an _______________ of the turbine rotor
shaft, such as would occur if a rotor shaft failed.
What is the primary function of the engine ignition system?
The normal position of the ignition switch is __________.
20. The starter drops offline normally between ____ to ____% N2.
21. During engine start, the starter/generator should automatically disengage by ______% N2.
22. The starter is limited to ______ seconds of cranking per start attempt.
List the starter/generator limits.
24. Start abort criteria:
Wet Start - No light-off within ______ seconds after placing the throttle to IDLE.
Hot Start - ITT exceeds _______ during normal engine starts.
Hung Start - Engine fails to reach _______ % N2.
25. If abnormal start indications occur, abort the start by __________________.
pushing the STARTER DISENGAGE button
placing the Start Select switch to OFF
placing the throttle to CUTOFF
a and c above
all of the above
26. The __________ throttle operates as the master and the __________ serves as the slave for