This chapter discusses the avionics systems installed on the aircraft. The information is designed
to provide you with a basic understanding of these systems to aid in understanding operating
procedures and limitations. Your ability to understand the operation and function of these
systems will be a key element for success throughout the intermediate phase of flight training in
1001. ENABLING OBJECTIVE
Recall the basic description, related systems, and function of the aircraft's avionics systems.
1002. ENABLING STEPS
State the function of the pitot static system.
Describe the left and right pitot static systems.
List the standby instruments.
Recall the location of each standby instrument.
Recall the location of the Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) components.
State the function of the Electronic Attitude Director Indicator (EADI).
State the function of the Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI).
Discuss the use of the Display Select Panel (DSP).
Discuss operation of the altimeter by the CP.
10. Discuss operation of the Match Speed Indicator (MSI) by the CP.
11. Discuss operation of the Control Display Unit (CDU) by the CP.
12. Recall the radar system operating limits.
13. State how the radar operating mode is determined.
14. State the location of the RDR CTL button.
15. Discuss the procedure for testing the radar system.