STUDENT GUIDE FOR T-1A AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
44. Emergency brake application is controlled by a hand-operated valve that directs equal
nitrogen pressure to each brake assembly. (T/F)
45. If nitrogen pressure has been used to close the main gear doors, enough pressure remains
for approximately _____ to _____ brake applications.
46. Where is the emergency brake handle located?
47. Attempting to brake using the hydraulic system while the emergency system is in use will
not adversely affect braking. (T/F)
48. __________________ is not available during emergency braking.
49. Where is the parking brake handle located?
50. The parking brake should not be set if the brakes are hot. (T/F)
51. Why should the parking brakes not be set during low temperatures?
52. Why should the parking brake not be set using the CP's brake pedals?
HYDRAULIC POWER SUPPLY & SYSTEMS