STUDENT GUIDE FOR T-1A AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
31. Placing the landing gear handle to the DN position __________________ positions the
gear door selector valve to the door open position.
32. The gear extension/retraction cycles require ______ seconds to complete.
33. During emergency gear extension, the main gear doors are raised using pneumatic pressure
through actuation of the _________________________ handle.
34. The main landing gear doors must be closed prior to landing to prevent aircraft damage.
35. Under what conditions will the landing gear warning tone be initiated?
What is indicated by illumination of the red UNLOCKED gear position indicator?
37. The gear position lights are press-to-test lights. (T/F)
38. The maximum travel for directional steering of the nosewheel is ________ degrees.
none of the above
39. What are the three operating modes of the brake subsystem?
40. _______________ mode renders the anti-skid system nonfunctional.
41. The power brake accumulator is located ___________________________.
aft of the left main landing gear
aft of the right main landing gear
adjacent to the left pitot static port
adjacent to the right pitot static port
42. The power brake system will/will not operate normally with or without anti-skid control.
43. The nitrogen storage cylinder provides sufficient pressure for at least ____ to ____
emergency brake applications.
5-12 HYDRAULIC POWER SUPPLY & SYSTEMS