STUDENT GUIDE FOR T-1A AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS
12. Each wing is actually composed of two flap sections. (T/F)
13. Discuss the operation of the flap system.
14. A flap asymmetry is indicated at
degrees of difference between the
15. What other indications could indicate a flap asymmetry?
16. Why should the FLAP circuit breaker be pulled after a flap system malfunction?
17. Where is the FLAP circuit breaker located?
18. Where is the flap position indicator located?
19. Describe the operating limitations of the flap system.
20. To extend the flaps from 10° to 30° the aircraft must be below _______ KIAS.
21. The speed brakes are _______________, _________________, _________________, and
22. Spoiler action for roll control is/is not affected by extension of the speed brakes.
23. Automatic retraction of the speed brakes occurs at ______ % N1 on the ground.
24. Illumination of the speed brake annunciator on the CP shroud panel indicates a potential
malfunction of the system. (T/F)
What is the significance of utilizing a dual rate system for the speed brake system?
26. What are the operating limitations for using the speed brakes?
27. The landing gear system is __________________ controlled, __________________
operated tricycle-type system.
28. List the subsystems of the landing gear system.
29. Describe the operation of the landing gear under emergency conditions.
30. List the components of the landing gear subsystem.
HYDRAULIC POWER SUPPLY & SYSTEMS