STUDENT GUIDE T-39N/G NATOPS
UNIT THREE REVIEW QUESTIONS
External power requirements are:
Utility: ____ volts ________ amps
____ volts ________ amps
The battery bus is connected to two __________ volt batteries through __________.
3. The Starter bus is powered either by _______________ connected in (series/parallel) or by
4. The Starter bus supplies power to the starter-generators and engine instruments necessary
to monitor the start. (TRUE/FALSE)
5. The Paralleling bus is powered by the _______________ bus, the __________ or
6. The DC Essential bus is normally powered by the _______________ bus; in the event of
a dual generator failure in flight, it receives power directly from the__________________
The ESS position of the battery switch should be selected only if _______________.
8. With a single generator failure, Mission DC bus(es) will be shed. Mission
bus(es) may be regained by placing the mission bus switch to EMER. (TRUE/FALSE)
9. On deck, with a single generator operating, the Secondary bus will remain unpowered.
10. Aircraft AC power is supplied by two volt-amp inverters or one _______________ volt-
amp inverter, which in turn receive DC power from the _______________ bus.
11. If both the MAIN and STANDBY inverters fail, AC power is available from the
_______________ inverter to the _______________ bus only.
12. AC power from the MAIN or STANDBY inverters power the AC _______________ bus,
which in turn powers the _______________ bus, one 26 VAC bus and four 5 VAC buses.
13. In the event of a loss of all AC power, the _______________ caution light will
14. Mission AC inverters are powered by Mission DC bus. (TRUE/FALSE)