STUDENT GUIDE T-39N/G NATOPS
UNIT EIGHT REVIEW QUESTIONS
Hot mike sensitivity is adjustable by pressing and holding the VOX switch on the ICS panel.
Center instrument panel lights are controlled by rheostats located on the ______________.
Exterior light controls, with the exception of the strobes, are located _______________.
The ICS panel allows selection of aircraft warning signals. (TRUE/FALSE)
The T-39N/G has one VHF radio, with two frequency selection windows selectable by a
transfer switch. (TRUE/FALSE)
Either UHF radio may be used for UHF/DF; if ADF is selected in both radios, UHF 2 will have
The brightness of the UHF radio frequency readout is controlled by a rheostat located
The transponder IDENT feature is located on _______________.
The T-39N has one transponder, with selection for either the top antenna or the bottom
10. The TACAN ______________ mode provides azimuth and DME, whereas the mode provides
The T-39N has two VOR's, but only the _______________ receivers DME.
12. Pressing the DME HOLD light/switch will illuminate the _______________ light. The
operator can now select a different VOR frequency for (azimuth/DME) while retaining
(azimuth/DME) from the previous navaid.
13. If an ILS localizer frequency is dialed into NAV2, then the marker beacon system from NAV2
will be used. (TRUE/FALSE)
14. The radar altimeter will display AGL altitude to a maximum of feet. Descending below the set
DH (will/will not) cause the SEL ALT light to illuminate; it (will/will not) sound the altitude alerter
tone in the headset.
15. The radar altimeter shows altitude to the nearest foot below 1000 feet AGL; above
1000 AGL, it reads to the nearest _______________ feet.
16. Setting the HAT or HAA for the DH light of the radar altimeter can only be done to the nearest
ten feet. (TRUE/FALSE)