STUDENT GUIDE T-39N/G NATOPS
5. Gear warning horn - flashing red light in handle if
a. Airspeed < 140 KIAS (+ 10).
b. Either engine < 95%.
Altitude < 12000'(+600') MSL (horn can be silenced with the above parameters).
d. Any time flaps are beyond 80%; horn CANNOT be silenced.
6. Landing gear downlock and reset button. Resets gear sequencing after emergency gear
extension. (allows for normal raising of gear)
E. Nosewheel steering
1. Electrically controlled by button on yoke (main only); hydraulically actuated with either
2. Rudder pedals steer +/- 45 degrees.
3. Either MAIN or STDBY steering - center pedestal
a. In MAIN, auto transfer to STDBY if MAIN fails.
b. In STDBY, yoke button inop; MAIN STEER FAIL light.
c. Free castering after a standby failure can only be accomplished by selecting MAIN.
d. Never land with STDBY selected because nose wheel will be canted with rudder
e. NOSE STEER TRAIL light if main/stdby failed (use differential braking).
f. NWS light on if either main/stdby engaged.
4. Towing aircraft: close main cabin door, disconnect cannon plug in nose, engage
gustlock, turn anti-skid OFF.
F. Wheelbrake system
1. Receives pressure from main/aux or emergency brake system.
2. Pressure is metered down to 1800 psi (from main or aux).
3. Emergency brake T-handle operates brakes through independent hydraulic lines.
4. Use aux hydraulics or emer brakes only to clear the runway (tow back to line).
a. Inoperative below 10 kts.
b. Not available using emer brakes.
c. Powered by main or aux hyd (not recommended in aux).
d. ANTI-SKID BRAKE FAIL, light.