INTERCEPT PROCEDURES TEXTBOOK
"Bogey, Fighter based 16 thousand, speed set .5, break.. Gritrock, Fighter is ready to play
with a (your event, i.e. a FR-1 will be a Romeo 1)".
12. Keep track of your position in W-155 no matter which role you are playing. Gritrock should
help keep you in the area but you are ultimately responsible. On one of the flight's last runs,
Gritrock will ask what type of recovery you want. They pass this information to Approach
13. Upon completion of runs turn the plane north and head for STARR unless otherwise
instructed by Gritrock. Keep sight of the wingman at all times.
14. For penetration approaches, expect to remain at 16-17,000 and proceed to either STARR,
ROSIE or BEARD. For course rules or a PAR, expect a descent to 7,000.
15. If you do not get clearance to switch to Approach before leaving the area, request it from
Seabreeze. Otherwise you will have to orbit at 30 DME to avoid mid-air potential with inbound
16. Hi TACAN approaches to NPA use the point MARYS as a published offset. Most of the
time Approach will clear you direct to MARYS then to the initial. In the event that they send
you direct to the initial, you are expected to turn the shortest direction to intercept the initial
approach course (Airmans Information Manual, chapter 5-54). Turning 30° past the initial
approach course is sufficient. Remember, you cannot begin your descent until established on
some portion of the published approach, which may lead to very high descent rates to meet
altitude restrictions. One way to avoid this is to request the offset at MARYS if it wasn't given
in the first place.