10. On a low level flight two minutes prior to your next turn point your inbound course is
180° and temperature is 27°. You calculated the wind to be from your 12 o'clock and 20 knots.
The outbound course is 090°. The proper heading and airspeed for the two minute prior call is
11. Flying a base airspeed of 300 knots you cross a checkpoint at 12 + 49 preflighted for 12
+ 36. You make the standard speed correction. At time 17 + 49 you realize the correction was
not taken out. Assuming error is due to course deviations for weather, what is your correction to
get back on time?
12. Compensations are 2° right crab and airspeed minus 5 kts tailwind. At your last turn
point you were 1 NM right of course and on time. At your next intermediate checkpoint you fix
yourself ½ NM right of course and 7 seconds slow. Assuming 5 minutes between intermediate
check points, what is the new wind in clock 'code and knots?
13. Two minutes prior to the turn point, inbound course is 076° and temperature is 27°.
Winds are from 7 o'clock and 15 knots. The outbound course is 051°. The proper heading and
airspeed for the two minute prior call is
14. The fix over a road intersection is at time 9 + 06. Preflight planning indicated the
intersection would be at your 9 o'clock, ½ NM at time 9 + 21. If TAS is 300 knots and aircraft
heading is 293° you should initiate your correction by turning to a heading of
° and setting
a speed of
15. Compensations are 2° right crab and airspeed minus 15 kts tailwind. At your last
intermediate checkpoint you were on course and on time. At your next intermediate check point
you fix yourself 1 NM right of course and 8 seconds slow. Assuming 7 minutes between
intermediate checkpoints, what is the new wind in clock code and knots?
16. The T-1A aircraft crosses an intersection at time 15+18. The chart shows the
intersection on course with an original time of 15+00. At the previous fix (9+00), the aircraft
was on time. With a current compensated airspeed of 295, what is the new compensated
airspeed, and what is the appropriate correction?
New Air Speed:___________
Accelerate/Slow to ___________ IAS for _____ + ______.
17. (Refer to question 16.) After applying the above correction at 16+00, what is the
updated time for a turn point that was planned for 18+00?
18. (Refer to question 17.) You have just crossed over the turn point referenced in question
17 at time 18+09. When will your correction be taken out?