SNFO/SWSO VOICE COMMUNICATIONS
37. INTERCEPT - To meet or cross. (Not listed in the pilot/controller glossary, but commonly
"BUCK 712, intercept the Crestview 230 radial
and proceed outbound."
38. LAST ASSIGNED - Last clearance assigned by ATC and acknowledged by the pilot.
39. LEAVING - To depart an altitude/flight level at which you were level. This term is not in
the Pilot/Controller Glossary but is a common use term.
"APPROACH, KATT 828, leaving 10,000 for
40. MAINTAIN - Concerning altitude/flight level, the term means to remain at the
altitude/flight level specified. The phrase "climb and" or "descend and" normally precedes
"maintain" and the altitude assignment.
"KATT 831, descend and maintain 1800."
Concerning other ATC instructions, the term is used in its literal
"KATT 831, maintain VFR."
41. MISSED APPROACH - A maneuver conducted by the pilot when an approach cannot be
completed to a landing.
42. NEGATIVE - "No" or "Permission not granted" or "That is not correct."
43. NEGATIVE CONTACT
Used to report traffic called by ATC that is not in sight. The pilot can then ask for
Also used to inform ATC that you were unable to contact ATC on a particular
TECHNIQUE AND TERMINOLOGY