SNFO/SWSO VOICE COMMUNICATIONS
23. EXPECT FURTHER CLEARANCE (TIME)/EFC - The time or place at which it is
expected that additional clearance will be issued to an aircraft. This pertains to route as well as
"KATT 822, hold as published expect further
clearance at time four zero."
24. EXPEDITE - Used by ATC when prompt compliance is required to avoid the development
of an imminent situation.
"KATT 822, expedite your descent through FL
FLY HEADING (DEGREES) - Informs pilot of heading to fly.
"KATT 831, fly heading 290."
26. GLIDEPATH - Used by ATC to inform an aircraft making a precision approach of its
vertical position relative to published glideslope.
"KATT 823, above glidepath, correcting
27. GO AHEAD - Proceed with your message.
"KATT 831, I have your clearance, advise when
ready to copy."
"KATT 831, go ahead."
28. GO AROUND - Instructions for a pilot to abandon his approach to landing. Similar to
"KATT 817, go around, obstructions on runway."
29. GUARD - Universal emergency frequency (243.0 UHF, 121.5 VHF).
TECHNIQUE AND TERMINOLOGY