SNFO/SWSO VOICE COMMUNICATIONS
15. CORRECTION - An error has been made in the transmission and the corrected version
"KATT 831, leaving 8000, for 3000 correction
16. CROSS (FIX) AT/ABOVE OR BELOW - Must be at the requested altitude restriction at
the specified fix. Used by ATC when a maximum crossing altitude at a specific fix is required.
It does not prohibit the aircraft from crossing the fix at a lower altitude, however, it must be at or
above the minimum IFR altitude.
"BUCK 711, cross 40 miles west of Navy
Pensacola TACAN at GCV and maintain 10,000."
"BUCK 711, leaving 16,000 for 10,000, wilco."
17. DISCRETE FREQUENCY - A separate radio frequency used in direct pilot-controller
communications used primarily during precision approaches. This assists in eliminating
frequency congestion on the frequency.
18. DISREGARD - Cancel my last message. Similar to the "correction" call except in this case
more than one piece of information was read back incorrectly. You will hear instructors use this
when students make incorrect or improper radio calls.
19. ETA - Estimated Time of Arrival.
20. ETE - Estimated Time Enroute.
21. EXECUTE - Perform a task.
"BUCK 731, execute missed approach."
22. EXPECT - Used under certain conditions to inform a pilot that an altitude and/or additional
clearance will be provided later.
"BUCK 737, expect 7000 at Gulfport."
TECHNIQUE AND TERMINOLOGY 1-17