FLIGHT TRAINING PUBLICATION (FLIP) STUDENT GUIDE
CHAPTER THREE REVIEW QUESTIONS
Use your Flight Information Handbook to find the answers to the following questions.
This unit review will be debriefed in class.
1. At FL 300, your interference free reception distance for contacting a METRO facility
would be approximately
2. Barksdale AFB, LA has less than continuous pilot-to-METRO service and weather
3. MCAS Miramar, CA has continuous pilot-to-METRO service and weather
radar(TRUE/FALSE). Miramar METRO can be contacted on UHF Frequency
4. How can a military pilot leaving from a nonmilitary airfield in the vicinity of Andrews
Air Force Base, Maryland, obtain weather and NOTAM information?
PIREPS of hazardous weather conditions should be transmitted to
with a follow-
up report to
How would you notify a controller that you have received an ATIS broadcast?
If the time zone in Pensacola is 1500Z (GMT), what is the time in Texas?
If a controller gives you an altimeter setting of 1015 MB, what is the equivalent in inches
9. Are you required to give a PIREP when you encounter weather that is not forecast?
When giving a PIREP, should you give local time or GMT?
11. The absence of a ceiling/visibility on an ATIS broadcast indicates a ceiling of
feet or more and a visibility of
miles or more exists.
12. A reported runway condition reading (RCR) of 08 would indicate that you can expect your
landing roll to increase from
13. On a VASI, what is the indication for being on glideslope?
14. Reports of information of vital importance to the security of the United States and Canada,
which, in the opinion of the observer require urgent defensive or investigative action are termed
FLIGHT INFORMATION HANDBOOK 3-13