FLIGHT TRAINING PUBLICATION (FLIP) STUDENT GUIDE
CHAPTER ONE REVIEW QUESTIONS
Refer to your copy of General Planning when answering the following questions.
ES indicates that the required information can be found in
Information concerning ICAO Class D Airspace procedures can be located in
Information concerning Preferred Routes can be located in
The term "Airport Surveillance Radar" is defined as
The term "Circling Approach" signifies
6. The TD Code for an aircraft with a TACAN and a 4096 Code Transponder without Mode
C capability is
The last fix entered in the Route of Flight section of an IFR DD 175 is either
8. What VIP code would you use if VADM James H. Masterson was onboard and he wanted
full honors accorded him?
Flight plans should be submitted to Base Operations at least ___ minutes prior to your
Estimated Time of Departure.
10. ATC IFR clearances are normally relayed to pilots by the Control Tower's " ________"
position, or at busy airports, by the Control Tower's "__________" position, if one has been
11. An abbreviated IFR departure clearance will not include __________ information.
12. When cleared to a fix short of a filed destination, further clearance or holding instructions
will be issued at least _________ minutes before the aircraft reaches the fix.
13. The use of Departure Procedures (DPs)/Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs) by Navy
pilots is mandatory if they are available. (True/False)
14. After receiving a revised altitude clearance, you must report vacating the previously
assigned altitude/flight level and
15. Your transponder should be in the "___________" position while taxiing for takeoff, and in
the "___________" position after final landing.
16. The maximum holding airspeed for a USAF F-15E at an Air Force base is
GENERAL PLANNING 1-7