INAV 2: TACAN POSITIONING
1. Radials are numbered (clockwise/Counter-clockwise), beginning at ______________ and
extending to _______________________.
2. If you desire to be on the 090/30 nm and you are on the 095/30, how many miles off course
are you? ___________________.
3. To plot true position when using TACAN radials, ___________ must be applied _________.
4. The cone of confusion decreases as altitude increases.
5. How will you know if you are in the cone of confusion?
6. In the T-34, which of the following are affected by the cone of confusion?
a. VOR Azimuth
b. TACAN Azimuth
d. Slant range
7. The VOR utilizes the #l. needle.
8. You take off from NAS Pensacola, glance down at your DME, and note that the numbers are
not moving. What is the possible problem?___________________________________________.
9. You tune in a VOR and everything looks good but you can't receive the Morse code
identifier. After turning up the volume and still not receiving the Morse code identifier, what
should you do?
NAVAIDS POSITIONING 2-13