CHAPTER 1, FOOD SAFETY
(39) "General use pesticide" is a pesticide that is not classified
by EPA for restricted use as specified in 40 CFR 152.175.
(40) Group Residence.
(a) "Group residence" is a private or public housing
corporation or institutional facility that provides living quarters and
(b) "Group residence" includes a domicile for unrelated
persons such as a retirement home or a long-term health care facility.
(41) "HACCP Plan" is a written document that delineates the formal
procedures for following the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point
principles developed by the National Advisory Committee on Microbiological
Criteria for Foods.
(42) "Hazard" means a biological, chemical, or physical property
that may cause an unacceptable consumer health risk.
(43) "Hermetically sealed container" is a container designed and
intended to be secure against the entry of microorganisms and, in the case
of low acid canned foods, to maintain the commercial sterility of its
contents after processing.
(44) "Highly susceptible population" is a group of persons who are
more likely than other populations to experience foodborne disease because
they are immunocompromised or older adults and in a facility that provides
health care or assisted living services, such as a hospital or nursing
home; or preschool age children in a facility that provides custodial care,
such as a child development center.
(45) "Imminent health hazard" is a significant threat or danger to
health considered to exist when there is evidence sufficient to show that a
product, practice, circumstance, or
event creates a situation that requires immediate correction or cessation
of operation to prevent injury based on:
(a) The number of potential injuries, and
(b) The nature, severity, and duration of the anticipated