T-34C AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS FAMILIARIZATION
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
1. Select the correct statement(s) describing the operating principles of the air conditioning
a. Uses engine bleed air to drive the turbine.
b. Operates on the vapor cycle principle.
c. Refrigerant absorbs heat from the cockpit air.
d. Operates on turbine cold air.
2. Select the correct statements concerning the location and purpose of the air conditioning
a. Located on the left side of the engine accessory section.
b. Circulates refrigerant through the system.
c. Located on the right side of the engine accessory section.
d. Removes heat from the cockpit air.
3. Complete the following statement:
The condenser is located on the ____________ side of the engine compartment and it ____________
heat from the refrigerant and____________ it back to a liquid.
4. Complete the following statement:
Cooling air to the condenser is routed from two sources: (1) a "V"-shaped opening on the
____________ side of the nose, and (2) through the ____________ ____________.
5. Match the list of air condition controls with the true statement(s) concerning each.
a. ______ ______
Controls speed of console fan
b. ______ ______
On each center console
On right-hand console
Electrically engages compressor clutch
AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM