T-34C AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS FAMILIARIZATION
1. Write the sources of air for cockpit heating and ventilating.
2. Write the location and purpose of the cockpit environmental control lever.
3. In the blank provided in column "A" write the letter of the true statement from column "B" for
each environmental control lever position.
Temperature of heated air increases progressively
fresh air increase
No fresh or heated air
Fresh outside air
4. Circle the letter of the true statement(s) about the bleed air regulator.
a. Located on the left side of the engine compartment.
b. Provides volume control of engine (diffuser) bleed air flow.
c. Controls fresh air to both cockpits.
5. Write the location and purpose of the jet pump.
6. Ram air from a scoop under the fuselage may be directed into which cockpit?
7. From the given list, select the most effective cockpit environmental control lever/defog lever
positions for windshield defogging.
b. Ambient air/On
c. Temperature increase/Max
COCKPIT HEATING, VENTILATING, AND WINDSHIELD DEFOGGING SYSTEM 20-5