T-34C AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS FAMILIARIZATION
1. The landing gear is actuated by a ____________-speed reversible ____________ VDC motor.
2. The landing gear strut contains ____________ gas.
3. State the purpose of the shimmy dampener.
4. Each landing gear incorporates a rotary type safety switch that is activated when the strut is
compressed or extended.
a. When the aircraft is on deck the ____________ gear safety switch disables the gear up
control circuit and the AOA indexer.
b. The ____________ safety switch completes a circuit to a warning horn and to the flashing
c. The ____________ safety switch disables the rudder shakers and prevents accidental
selection of beta (reverse).
5. The pilot may move the landing gear handle in the opposite direction when the landing gear is in
transit. ____________ (True/False)
6. The pilot may not retract the landing gear with the emergency extension system.____________
7. The main landing gear scissors keeps the main landing gear ____________ fore and aft.
LANDING GEAR SYSTEMS 19-9