INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES WORKBOOK
USE JACKSONVILLE NAS TACAN RWY 27 APPROACH PLATE IN VOL 15.
This approach plate depicts three separate and distinct arcing procedures. (True/False)
The holding pattern at MADEN is a mandatory part of the approach. (True/False)
USE AGUSTA REGIONAL BUSH FIELD ILS RWY 35 IN VOL 15.
37. Is this approach a precision or nonprecision approach? _______________
38. The ILS approach can be flown in a T34C. (True/False)
39. What is the frequency of the compass locator? _______________
What is the minimum altitude for glideslope interception? _______________
41. What is the localizer frequency? _______________
42. What is the degree of glideslope? _______________
43. A Navy aircraft could not use the SILS35 minimums for this approach if it did not have
glideslope equipment installed. (True/False)
44. An ILS equipped aircraft category B commences the localizer portion of the ILS approach
at 120 knots. If the pilot did not see the field at _______________ minutes and
_______________ seconds after the LOM, he must execute a missed approach. The minimum
descent altitude at this point is _______________ (duty runway 35).
45. VASI is available on runway 35. (True/False)
46. An aircraft arriving over the LOM from SHELY Intersection at 1700 feet would not
execute a procedure turn. (True/False)
47. The localizer is a (precision/nonprecision) approach.
48. Can the loc RWY 35 be used as an alternate when the tower is closed? _______________
49. Approaching Bush Field from the NE, what is your Minimum Safe Altitude?
3-22 INSTRUMENT APPROACH PROCEDURES