INSTRUMENT FLIGHT RULES WORKBOOK
The percent landing roll increase for an RCR of 07 is _______________.
12. To indicate two-way radio communication failure to ATC, the transponder should be
adjusted to reply on Mode 3/A Code _______________.
13. When two-way communications are lost in VMC, if able to maintain flight in VMC, the
pilot will land _______________ and notify_______________.
When lost communications occur in IMC, the pilot will:
proceed by the route assigned in the last _______________ received,
at an altitude last _______________ by ATC, or at _______________, whichever is
begin descent from the enroute altitude upon reaching the fix from which the
approach begins, but not before the _______________ time (if received), or at the
_______________ as derived from the flight plan or as amended with ATC.
15. An emergency wave-off signal from a wave-off lighting system at USN/USMC airfields may
be signaled to aircraft on final approach by _______________ lights flashing near the runway
List the meaning of the following abbreviations.
17. The ICAO NOTAM code is published to enable the coding of information regarding the
establishment, condition or change of _______________, _______________, and
_______________, _______________ to _______________ in flight, or _______________ and
_______________ facilities. Encoding facilitates the dissemination of NOTAMs by
_______________ the transmission time over telecommunication channels.
18. All NOTAM code groups contain five letters. The first letter of the group is always
Decode the following:
QFMAU SAR OPS UFN SR TIL SS _______________
2-18 IFR SUPPLEMENT, FLIGHT INFORMATION HANDBOOK, ENROUTE LOW
ALTITUDE CHARTS, GENERAL PLANNING, AND AREA PLANNING