T-34C INSTRUMENT NAVIGATION WORKBOOK
11. When can a single-piloted aircraft (with intentions to land) begin an approach when the
weather is reported to be below published approach
12. The VOR frequency range is from __________ to __________ MHz.
13. To monitor GUARD, the function switch on the UHF radio must be in the __________
14. The frequency 115.9 could be tuned on the __________ radio.
15. If a pilot enroute desires to change the filed destination or route during an IFR flight he
c. Departure Control.
A pilot enroute on an IFR flight will report the loss of a VOR radio to __________.
c. Approach Control
d. All the above
17. When navigating with TACAN equipment, station passage is identified
18. Because of the large cone of confusion over the TACAN station, a _______________ and
_______________ must be used to designate a holding fix.
19. After a pilot has received his IFR clearance, he will usually receive a _______________
clearance from tower.
20. A DD 175 is a request for clearance, but is not a clearance to fly under IFR conditions in
controlled airspace. (True/False)
21. The index for aeronautical information, which covers information on all FLIP publications,
is found in FLIP General Planning (GP). (True/False)
9-2 COURSE SUMMATION